Monday, October 19, 2009

my newest craft endeavor

I was debating whether or not to post this one - since I posted very excitedly about my craft fair, which, embarrassingly, was pretty much a bust. But, what the hey. One of the craft blogs I read, SewMamaSew (for the full list, see my sidebar) is hosting a Scrap Busting tutorial contest. I'm not a craft blogger, and I've never written a tutorial before, but I've read plenty and I had a good idea for a project, courtesy of my mom, so I decided to make one on Flikr and submit it to the contest. I finished last night, and emailed it in.

It's not yet posted but they said they have a lot of entries, so to be patient. It should be up in a few days. If you'd like to check it out, you can find it here. I welcome comments and suggestions, if anyone takes the time to read through it. Wish me luck! Also, if you're interested, there are a ton of other great ideas on SewMamaSew.

*As luck would have it, there is a very similar idea that just got posted today! Dang. Oh well, it's not exactly the same, so hopefully mine will still go up. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Here is a preview of the project I made in my tutorial:
***Update - my tutorial was finally posted on SewMamaSew blog! There are a ton of entries so I don't think I'll win, but it's exciting nevertheless.

*****Second Update - the polls are open now for voting, til Thursday Oct 29th. Go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment