Friday, October 23, 2009

my first quilt!

We have been pretty busy around here. Ryan has been finishing up a ton of projects for school this week as well as studying for finals next week. He's been working hard and I'm so proud of him. I can't believe how fast this semester has gone. We are going to spend next weekend in Boise and then I am going to come home alone and leave him there for 6 weeks for a clinical affiliation. Cora and I will miss him so much! We will see him at Thanksgiving and probably at least one other weekend, but it takes too much gas for him to come home every weekend. At least he gets to stay with his sweet sister, and have fun with all his nephews and nieces. Still, I can't wait for December, when he's done.

Well I finally made a quilt! At least I'm calling it a quilt - there was no piecing involved but I basted it, machine quilted it, and even made my own binding! It's brown on one side and light purple on the other. The quilting is done in random diagonal lines in yellow, pink and blue thread. It was so easy with my new machine that has all kinds of quilting accessories! I'm pretty proud. I wanted to have it done for Cora's birthday, but she doesn't seem to mind that it was late. The first thing she did was spit up on it. After it went through the wash, (for the second time since finishing it last night,) she had fun playing peek-a-boo with it and dancing on it.
Living life on the edge - Cora thinks she's a big girl now that she can climb on the couch. It keeps us on our toes. (Speaking of toes, aren't Cora's little pink toes cute?)
Cora squeezed herself in between Ryan's legs then complained about being stuck. Silly girl.

1 comment:

  1. WOw i forgot Cora's birthday! i can't believe she is 1 all ready! Happy birthday little princess, she is so adorabel, good job on your crafts i love them! hope you guys are doing well. good luck on the next 6 weeks, just hand in there you are almost done, there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

    ReplyDelete