Thursday, June 6, 2013

January 2013

We didn't manage to take many photos in January.  Ryan's mom was in the hospital - that month she woke up and started talking, and moved from the Queens ICU to the Rehab Hospital in town.  We spent a lot of time going back and forth to town to visit.  We were so happy when we were able to talk with her again!  That's what we had all been praying for - including Cora, who would pray that "Grandma could wake up and talk to us again." 

This photo was when she was still asleep at Queens but gave Cora's little hand a squeeze.

My mom came out for a couple of week to help us out and to visit.  She was able to be here for Elijah's 2nd birthday, which was nice.  She helped me do a few projects and get my house back in order after a kind of crazy holiday season.  I hadn't been feeling well so it was a real blessing to have her here.

Here are some pics of the kids at the beach while she was here (although we didn't get either of us in any of these photos)

A shaggy-haired Elijah playing with his pancake breakfast.
Cora got up before Elijah that day, (which is unusual, since they share a room) so she helped me make pancakes, wearing the apron my mom made that I wore when I was little.
Somehow we didn't manage to get a picture of the cake I made for Elijah - it was just a round cake with a chocolate lion face and a chocolate chip mane.  I used a method I found on Pinterest, taping some wax paper over a print-out of my image and tracing it in melted chocolate with a ziplock bag with the corner cut off.  Then you put it in the fridge to harden, then invert it onto the cake and peel off the paper.  

We went down to the hospital with the cake so Grandma could see Elijah blow out his candles.  Here are the cupcakes I made to go along with the cake.  Not the most professional job but definitely fun to make and the kids loved them anyway.  Elijah has always loved animals and his favorite animal has been a lion for quite sometime.  (Although he only recently started calling them lions, he used to say "Rawr" for lion.  
We can't believe our little baby boy is two already!  He is a joy and has been growing right before our eyes. Of course, he's still a pretty little guy, according to the growth charts, but he's been learning so much lately.  We are so lucky to have him in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment