Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Twin falls

This weekend we headed up to Twin Falls to see Jonah's soccer tournament. It was kind of a last minute decision to go, but we couldn't pass up the chance to see Elise's family and only have to drive 1 1/2 hours. It seemed like Cora remembered her cousins and aunt and uncle this time, which was cool. She loves those guys. (So do we.) We had a fun little getaway. We watched two of Jonah's games, played in the hotel pool, had an adventure camping out in our car with Cora, and went to the new temple and Shoshone Falls.

Cora thought we were crazy for trying to get her to sleep in the car - what? it's 1 o'clock? night-night time? but we're still in the car, mama and dada! She was wandering around, playing, trying to climb into the driver's seat, sitting on our heads, looking out the window, until she finally fell asleep at our feet. Luckily she's used to sleeping in even when the sun is up so we managed to sleep in til about 8:30.
At the Falls - it's called the Niagara of the West. It was beautiful, even though the flow was low, they said. It was a very bright and windy day.
Here is Cora at home being nervous from the vacuum; lifting up her feet so it doesn't get her. I know, my daughter afraid of the vacuum - what are the chances? Cora's favorite place is the playground just outside. She is always begging to go "bye" at the door and bringing me her shoes. She is getting more and more adventurous, climbing up by herself and going down the slide by herself. She's always been kind of a floppy girl though - she can never sit up going down a slide, she just falls back and lets herself go. When there are bigger kids at the playground though, she will hardly do anything - I have to hold her hand and make her go up the stairs to go down a slide, otherwise she will just stand there and watch the other kids play.
She loves playing peek-a-boo in the tunnel.
Here is Cora trying to go down the slide that isn't a slide at the playground.

Then she fell on her bottom.

Hope this isn't inappropriate to post - we thought it was kind of funny. She's learning all kinds of new body parts, like elbow and bottom - for that one she usually pats her lower back.

This is the newest top I made Cora - I've had this idea in my mind for a while. It seems like you see these kind of color-block tops and dresses everywhere. I was very tempted to just buy the cute one at Wal-Mart last night that was $5, but since she really doesn't need any new clothes, I just couldn't justify it. So I came home and cut up some t-shirts and stayed up late sewing this. Now that I've tried it on her I need to make some adjustments to fit, but I'm pretty happy with it. I think I've had enough of sewing ruffles though, next time I'm going to try a project with less gathering and thread strings hanging everywhere. Or maybe I'll just try and do my sewing earlier than midnight. Again, I had to turn on the TV to get a still photo of her. I think the next project is a romper - may be a little more difficult to draft my own pattern for that but I'm going to give it a shot! I also found an easy tutorial for making a sunhat that I need to try - pretty sure we'll be spending a lot of time outside in VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment