Sunday, February 28, 2010

New dress

Yesterday while waiting for the tsunami to hit Hawaii and thinking about family over there, I managed to sew two things - a new dress for Cora out of a thrifted men's t-shirt, and a quilt! Ok, a doll quilt, which is not quite the same thing. I wanted to get some practice in a couple of techniques, and a doll quilt seemed like a good project for that. Cora is such a good mommy to her dolly that I thought it could use another blanket. But it may become a placemat if I decide to make a few more like it.
This is Cora informing me that she bonked her head - she pats her head to let me know whenever that happens.The dress isn't perfect, but it came together really quickly, and I made my own pattern, and I even finished the neck! I will make a couple of adjustments the next time, and I have a couple more thrifted shirts to practice with.Here's the doll quilt.Random video - Ryan was telling me a story about his day, which somehow involved him asking me if I knew the correct way to do a squat. So we were both demonstrating our squatting technique (I know, fun times at our house) and Cora thought it was so funny and she just had to be a part of it. She even had to come and stand next to us facing the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment